- Easy and inexpensive enhancement of an entire X-ray fleet to EU LEDS Standard 2 Type C
- No change in checkpoint design needed
- No additional operator training needed
- No disruption in airport operations
- Compatible with most functions and features of the HI-SCAN 6040i and HI-SCAN 6046si incl. TIP
- Applies to all HI-SCAN 6040i and HI-SCAN 6046si manufactured since 2007
TIM (Threat Identification Module for Liquids) is a quick and cost-effective upgrade for the HI-SCAN 6040i and HI-SCAN 6046si X-ray systems which allow them to meet stringent European legislation for Liquid Explosive Detection (LEDS) Standard 2 Type C.
This upgrade applies to both the installation of new X-ray systems, as well as those already deployed in the field, with minimal checkpoint changes required. Its mechanical housing contains the required X-ray generator, the detector line and the computer hardware for Liquid Explosive Detection algorithms.
For the convenience of operators TIM visually marks suspect objects with a red frame. Smiths Detection’s established good image quality of single-view X-ray systems remains unchanged.
TIM enables reliable and consistent automated screening of all passenger belongings, in real-time and in one go.