Handheld Trace Detector For Explosives, Chemical Agents And Toxic Industrial Chemicals Or Narcotics
- Smallest, lightest tri-mode (Explosives, Narcotics, CWA/TICs) detector available
- Optimized detection of peroxides (used in home-made explosive devices) in vapor mode
- Faster clear down with truncated alarm
- Self-diagnostics with maintenance
- Continuous automatic vapor sampling in both positive and negative modes for CWA/TIC detection
- Protective cover with shoulder strap
- 2 hour battery
To view the official product accreditations for the SABRE 5000, please click here.
Using Smiths Detection’s proven Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) technology the SABRE 5000 is programmed to detect and identify over 40 threat substances in approximately 20 seconds. Threats such as common peroxide-based, volatile and unstable chemicals often used to construct IED and ammonium nitrate commonly used in home-made explosives.
The SABRE 5000 is capable of analyzing either trace particle or vapor samples. The operator can select the best analysis method for the suspected threat to yield the most accurate analysis results. Switching between sampling modes takes seconds.
The ASV-Explosives mode offers optimized detection in both negative and positive mode for an increased range of explosives detection.