NANO INTELLIGENT DETECTION SYSTEM
- Confirms the identity of 10 bio agents & simulants in under 15 minutes
- Identifies up to 5 agents per test strip with only 100 uL of sample fluid
- Eliminates false negatives due to the Hook Effect
- Assays have 2 year shelf life over a wide temperature range
- Easy-to-use reader even in poor lighting while wearing PPE
NIDS (Nano Intelligent Detection System) bio-threat detection system offers a transformational advance in immunoassay technology in virtually every aspect of performance, reliability and value — a true ‘best in class’ solution now available globally through Smiths Detection.
The NIDS handheld reader is a palm-sized, portable, ruggedized optical scanning device that takes all of the guess work out of interpreting Handheld Assay results by different responders in field conditions with poor lighting and limited visibility while wearing PPE. The reader stores up to 3,000 test results, including a preserved scanned image of each test, on a microSD disc.
NIDS handheld bio-threat commercial assays are currently available to identify: Bacillus anthracis (Ba), Yersinia pestis (Yp), Franciscella tularensis (Ft). Vaccinia virus (VAC), Ricin, Botulinum Toxin A (Bot A), Botulinum Toxin B (Bot B) and Staphylococcal Enterotoxin B (SEB).
Smiths Detection is the sole global distributor of NIDS, which is manufactured by ANP Technologies, Inc.