WEARABLE AND COMPACT CWA AND TIC DETECT-TO-WARN DEVICE
- Revolutionary non-radioactive IMS detection source
- Low cost, low maintenance and no calibration required
- ReachBack 24/7/365 Technical Support
The LCD-FR (Lightweight Chemical Detector-First Responder) alarms to the presence of chemical warfare agents (CWA) and toxic industrial substances (TIC).
The LCD-FR is capable of detecting substances below IDLH concentrations. When a threat is detected, the LCD-FR will alarm, and immediately display details of agent type, concentration and dosage. Featuring an easy-to-read display the LCD-FR is simple to operate.
Smiths Detection has sold over 60,000 hand-held chemical detection instruments to the US and Allied militaries worldwide to date. Originally designed to military requirements, the LCD-FR sets the standard of next generation personal protection for First Responders.
- Three modes of operation
- CW – for the detection of chemical warfare agents
- TIC – for the detection of toxic industrial chemicals
- Survey – for detection of residual persistent contamination following decontamination
- Secondary display shows the relative concentration levels in bar format and includes accumulated dosage indicators
- Data logging records up to 72 hours of mission data
- RS232/RS422 connectivity allows perimeter monitoring or post-mission analysis (optional)