PORTABLE FTIR GAS & VAPOR CHEMICAL IDENTIFIER
- Identifies unknown gases and vapors in minutes
- No user calibration required
- Large library of gases and vapor spectra
When a Response team is called upon to deal with a potentially toxic gas, the first and most crucial question is: « What are we dealing with? » The GasID answers this question in minutes.
The GasID measures how gases and vapors interact with infrared light. Each chemical has its own unique infrared fingerprint, which when analyzed by the GasID results in an identification.
The GasID’s compact sample collection device is carried down range into the Hot Zone and allowed to run for 10 minutes. Once the gas or vapor is collected, the sample cell is detached from the pump, passed through the decon line, and then connected to the GasID system for analysis.
Once the GasID analyzes the unknown, it instantly compares the results against database libraries to provide the answer. Database libraries include:
• WMD—nerve & blister agents
• NIST/EPA Gas-Phase Infrared Database
• Pacific Northwest National Lab Toxic Industrial Chemicals